Thursday, June 23, 2016

The Walking Dead, Vol. 25: No Turning Back by Robert Kirkman


3 out of 5 stars

After a devastating act of war by the Whisperers, Rick must chart a path for his community. But when his leadership is questioned, how will he respond?

So, I really hate doing reviews on graphic novels because quite honestly, I'm not very good at it. I don't know why. Graphic novels are so different from other books and for some reason I just have a hard time describing them so this will be pretty short and to the point.

I have read all the comics in this series. Just like the TV show, there are moments of action and then storylines focusing more on character development. This volume fits more into the latter. Not much action occurred. It was mostly a build up for what is to come. Hopefully. There was a nice moment where Rick and Negan had a chat. I have to say, that was the best part of the story. Negan moments are always interesting, not to mention colorful. A weird bond can almost be seen starting to form between the two. As much as Rick might not like it, he isn't as different from Negan as he'd like to think. I don't mind slower stories and build-ups, but this one just felt a little lackluster. I liked it, just didn't love it. The next volume (I prefer to read those rather than the individual comics) should jump into the war with the Whisperers....or at least that is to be assumed. Let's hope.

Total pages: 136, paperback

Available on Amazon at the link below:

The Walking Dead, Vol. 25: No Turning Back

No comments:

Post a Comment