Thursday, June 2, 2016

Ethereal (Celestra Series Book 1) by Addison Moore


3 out of 5 stars

Skyla Messenger has a special gift. She is able to read people's minds when she touches them.

When her mother remarries after the death of her father, the family moves to Paragon Island into a house that is rumored to be haunted. That's when Skyla meets Logan Oliver, the best looking boy she has ever seen. The best part is he likes her too and he has the same gift she does. Not understanding what this gift means, Logan holds the answers to her questions, but he is reluctant to share them, leaving her to believe that maybe he has a few secrets he is unwilling to share. Secrets he doesn't want Skyla to know. Logan is afraid that the more she knows, the more danger she will be in as a legion of earthbound angels will want her dead once they discover her true bloodline. Will Logan be able to save her? And will Skyla be able to keep Logan?

I had this book sitting in my Kindle for a couple years. I couldn't remember why I got it since it's not typically the type of book I read (I've read a few YA paranormal romance, but not many) and after reading some reviews, I was a little apprehensive in starting it. I'm glad I decided to because it wasn't nearly as bad as some made it out to be. Was this a great book? No. Was it a bad book? No. I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Some of the things that people complained about made me wonder if we were reading the same story. As an example, I saw one review where the person complained that Skyla kept mentioning she was a virgin, yet I only saw this stated twice. I do agree with some though that there wasn't much relationship development when it came to Skyla and her new friends, and the romance between her and Logan did come on very strong, very fast, but it's pretty much your typical YA paranormal romance so that didn't really surprise me. I would have liked it if the author would have focused a bit more on explaining her father's death and also why Skyla had such a strong dislike for her step-father, but aside from that, it was a fun, quick read and I was able to finish it in one sitting. If you like Twilight or books that are similar, then you will most likely enjoy Ethereal.

Total pages: 225, Kindle edition

Available on Amazon at the link below:

Ethereal

No comments:

Post a Comment