Tuesday, June 14, 2016

A Witch and the Whispering Woe by Raven Cross


2 out of 5 stars

When Bed & Breakfast owner Brianna Olney discovers an employee murdered outside of her establishment, she has to follow the clues to find the culprit, but finding the answers won't come so easily for her. With her magical cat by her side, Brianna uses her natural gifts to try to piece all the mysterious elements together, but soon finds herself in danger.

Are Brianna's natural gifts enough to help her solve the case or is there another, even more magical mystery brewing behind the scenes?

I got this book free from Kindle and I'm glad I did. I wouldn't have wanted to pay for it. The idea of a talking, magical cat will always appeal to me in a cozy mystery, but this story just felt thin and weak. There was no character development and the backstory was virtually non-existent. I couldn't get a grasp of the characters or their connection to each other. Everything was pretty non-descriptive so trying to get a visual was difficult. The mystery was somewhat sloppy and didn't pull me in. It is definitely a quick read if that's what you are looking for. Other than that I don't have much to say about it. The only reason I didn't rate it one star is because I didn't actually hate it and believe it could have been a great story if the author had given more time to developing the characters. Unfortunately she didn't and I probably won't remember I even read this book.

Total pages: 119 on Kindle app

Available on Amazon at the link below:

A Witch and the Whispering Woe
 

No comments:

Post a Comment